Asyla, Oak Cross
, Spice Tree
, Peat Monster
, and Hedonism
- the world's first blended grain. A handsome box with some killer whisky in little mad-scientist 50ML beakers.">
The Macallan has unveiled its sixth Master of Photography release, part of a limited edition series which showcases the mastery and art of both photography and whisky making. This edition marks a change in creative direction, with the master of visual ambiguity, Steven Klein, capturing and distilling a single moment in time through film and imagery. Klein's vision is enriched by custom
barware tools created by the most innovative trio in the world of cuisine, the Roca brothers of El Celler de Can Roca in Spain and ultimately, shaped through his own eyes and alluringly dark and glamorous style.
A WHISKY OF STANDOUT QUALITY
To portray this distinctive art piece, The Macallan Master Whisky Maker, Bob Dalgarno, has created a whisky of exceptional quality. It reveals a very specific and unusual character and flavor, itself capturing a moment in time, mirroring Bob Dalgarno's own interpretation of Steven Klein's work.
Inspired by the past, and uncharacteristic for The Macallan, peated notes represent the smokiness of the industrial setting of Klein's film. Some of the rare Macallan whiskies of that era were indeed peated in profile. The whisky also represents The Macallan's first ever use of casks previously used for Rioja wine, which provides flavors of sweet berries and spices, along with an unusual pinkish
red color, again reflective of the artist's imagery. The result, a whisky with sweetness and vibrancy unseen before in any Macallan.
COLOR: Red Mahogany
NOSE: Sweet berries to the fore, tempered with hints of chalk and light vanilla. Dried fruits mingle with mature oak and caramelized ginger. Citrus orange rounds out with a wisp of smoke.
PALATE: Sweet spice lingers, then opens up to brief and subtle smokiness. Dark chocolate combines with orange zest, whilst resinous oak is soft and textured.
FINISH: Medium to long. Soft, rich fruit ending in wood smoke.
• Presented in a stunning black case containing the limited edition whisky.
• Includes 10 different Steven Klein limited edition signed prints.
• Elegant horse's head bottle stopper.
• A range of custom barware tools to create special serves and flavor experiences, inspired by the Roca brothers.
• Only 1,000 limited edition sets available worldwide, of which only 100 are allocated to the USA, never to be repeated.
• First time The Macallan has ever used ex-Rioja wine casks, a truly unique whisky.
Our Price: $23,999.98
Compare at: $29,280.00